Full Stack Developer - Angular
Are you an experienced full-stack developer looking for a professionally-rewarding environment where you continue to learn and are supported by your peers while you help build meaningful projects for appreciative clients?
We are seeking an experienced, sharp Full Stack Developer (Angular) to join our team in sunny Los Angeles to help develop websites and web apps for mission-focused organizations. Join a supportive team that values your contribution.
Who we are
Urban Insight designs and develops innovative websites for mission-driven organizations like museums, universities, nonprofits, and cities. We thrive on having a professionally rewarding environment.
- Work as part of a project team to build responsive websites and web applications.
- Help to plan, design and create web applications using Angular and REST APIs.
- Although we have an office in Los Angeles, we’re a fully remote team. If you feel comfortable using tools like Slack, Zoom, and case tracking, you’ll fit right in.
- Work as part of a project team that typically includes a technical project manager, developers, designers, and quality assurance specialist.
- Write clear, concise documentation and case updates.
- 3+ years experience with Angular.
- 2+ year experience with Node.js and Express.js.
- Experience with REST / JSON API development and connectivity.
- Experience with Bootstrap or similar front-end framework.
- Experience with HTML/CSS.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Good understanding of mobile-first design.
- Experience with Pug is a plus.
- Experience with Gatsby, React, or Vue.js is a plus.
- Flexible to work on multiple projects within a given week.
- Bachelor’s degree, any field.
- You’ve worked successfully as part of a team.
- Experience working remotely is a plus.
Location & Availability
- Work from any location in the US, available 9am - 5pm in any US time zone
- Our office is located in sunny Los Angeles, CA. This position is available for fully remote (US ONLY), partially remote (a few days in the office) or in-person in our LA Office.
Your Career Path
The position offers multiple career paths within Urban Insight. The most likely career path for a high-achieving technical team member is Web Developer, Assoc. Web Engineer, Web Engineer, Senior Web Engineer, Senior Web Architect.
About Urban Insight
- Urban Insight is a leading digital agency with 30+ team members.
- We work with some of LA’s best-known institutions, such as LACMA, The Broad, Planetizen Courses, University of Southern California, City of Los Angeles, and the Japanese American National Museum.
- We’re the top-ranked Web development agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, an independent analyst. Have a look at what our clients say about us:
- We help our clients with beautiful and flexible websites and web apps. We do this by providing strong project leadership, honest advice, thoughtful design, and technical best practices.
- We have a clearly defined project management methodology and case management system.
- We run on the Entrepreneurial Operating System.
Why Work At Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you.
- Work from anywhere in US.
- The average employee tenure is 6.5 years.
- We're stable; We've been in business for 21 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We offer remote work.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and enjoy 40-hour work weeks.
- We allocate time for training and professional development.
- There are many more reasons: https://www.urbaninsight.com/careers
We offer a competitive salary which depends on your qualifications, experience, education, and certifications. Our salary package includes:
- Paid time off (15 days increasing to 20 after four years)
- Holiday time off (~10 days per year).
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match (after 60 days).
- Performance and compensation reviews annually.
Please apply on this page. This position is open until filled.
Thank you for your potential interest in working with us at Urban Insight.