Front End Web Developer
- Full Time
- Mid Level
We are a mission-focused digital agency creating websites and decoupled web apps for organizations like museums, universities, nonprofits, and cities. Join a supportive team that values your contribution, and build meaningful projects for appreciative clients while helping to improve our communities.
- Theme and build Drupal websites
- Create highly performant and accessible websites
- Work in friendly and supportive teams of 3-6 people
- Write clear, concise documentation and case updates
- Participate in the growth of the company using the Entrepreneurial Operating System
Who You Are
- 2+ years experience with Drupal 8 or 9 site building and frontend development
- 1+ years experience in Drupal 8 or 9 front-end components (e.g. Paragraphs)
- Strong understanding of mobile-first design and component-based development
- Strong understanding of Git
- Flexible to work on multiple projects within a given week
- Bachelor’s degree, any field
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with WCAG accessibility standards is a plus
- Experience with WordPress is a plus
- Experience with Gatsby is a plus
- Experience with Angular is a plus
Location & Availability
- Work from any location in the US or Canada, available 9am - 5pm in any US time zone
Your Career Path
The position offers multiple career paths within Urban Insight. The most likely career path for a high-achieving technical team member is Web Developer, Senior Web Developer, Web Engineer, Senior Web Engineer, and Director. Alternative career paths include roles in project management or technical architecture.
About Urban Insight
- Urban Insight is a leading digital agency with 30+ team members. https://www.urbaninsight.com/
- We work with some of LA’s best-known institutions, such as LACMA, The Broad, Planetizen Courses, University of Southern California, City of Los Angeles, and the Japanese American National Museum
- We’re the top-ranked Web development agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, an independent analyst. Have a look at what our clients say about us:
- We have a clearly defined project management methodology and case management system
- We run on the Entrepreneurial Operating System
Why Work with Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you
- Work from anywhere in the world
- The average employee tenure is 6.5 years.
- We're stable. We've been in business for 21 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and enjoy 40-hour work weeks 98% of the time
- We allocate time for training and professional development
- There are many more reasons: https://www.urbaninsight.com/careers
We offer a highly competitive salary (benchmarked using Payscale) which depends on your qualifications, experience, education, and certifications. Our salary package includes:
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match (after 60 days).
- An annual, customized training plan and time to work on it.
- Paid sick leave (5 days).
- Paid vacation leave (10 days).
- Performance and compensation reviews annually.
Please apply on this page.
Thank you for your potential interest in working with us at Urban Insight.