Senior Drupal Web Engineer / Architect
Are you an experienced backend Senior Drupal Architect / Engineer looking for a professionally rewarding environment where you continue to learn and are supported by your peers while you help build meaningful projects for appreciative clients?
We're seeking a senior backend Drupal developer to join our team to help develop websites and web apps for mission-focused organizations like museums, universities, nonprofits, and cities. Join a supportive team that values your contribution, and where we work together to help our clients improve our communities.
This position is primarily focused on backend Drupal development. We also welcome candidates that have full-stack experience.
Who We Are
Urban Insight designs and develops innovative websites for mission-driven organizations like museums, universities, nonprofits, and cities. We thrive on having a professionally rewarding environment.
- Lead and guide other developers as tech lead and senior architect for large, complex projects
- Architect complex Drupal solutions, including custom integrations with other systems and platforms
- Create beautiful and compelling websites you can be proud of, for appreciative and mission-focused clients.
- Work as part of a project team that typically includes a technical project manager, developers, designers, and quality assurance specialist.
- Participate in 3-5 meetings with colleagues per week.
- Plan and create websites using Drupal 7, 9, and/or 10.
- Write clear, concise documentation and ticket updates.
- 15+ years experience in web development
- 10+ years experience with Drupal
- In-depth knowledge of Drupal architecture and Symfony, including modules, themes, hooks, the Drupal API and the database layer
- 3+ years experience with Drupal 9/10
- 5+ years experience with Acquia
- 10+ years experience with PHP and MySQL
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Acquia Certified Backend Specialist is a plus
- Experience with Pantheon is a plus
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, any field
Your Career Path
The position offers multiple career paths within Urban Insight. The most likely career path for a high-achieving technical team member is Web Developer, Associate Web Engineer, Web Engineer, Senior Web Engineer and Architect/Director.
Location & Availability
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Work from any location in the US available 9am - 5pm in any US time zone
- Our office is located in sunny Los Angeles, CA. This position is available for fully remote (US ONLY), partially remote (a few days in the office) or in-person in our LA Office.
About Urban Insight
- Urban Insight is a Los Angeles-based digital agency with over 30 team members. https://www.urbaninsight.com/
- We work with some of LA’s best-known institutions, such as LACMA, The Broad, Planetizen Courses, University of Southern California, City of Los Angeles, and the Japanese American National Museum
- We’re the top-ranked Web development and Drupal agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, an independent analyst. Have a look at what our clients say about us: https://clutch.co/profile/urban-insight
- We help our clients with beautiful and flexible websites and web apps. We do this by providing strong project leadership, honest advice, thoughtful design, and technical best practices.
- We take on cutting edge, challenging projects for appreciative clients, and have a supportive and team-based approach to projects.
- We plan, design, and create innovative websites, and we often use open source web content management systems like Drupal and WordPress.
- We have a clearly-defined project management methodology and case management system. We strive to be the most organized environment in which you've ever worked. (If we're not, then we can learn from you!)
Why Work At Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
- Work from anywhere in the United States.
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you.
- The average employee tenure is 6.5 years.
- We're stable. We've been in business for 22 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and enjoy 40-hour work weeks.
- Team members work with the latest hardware and software.
- We have weekly events to keep the team connected: Developer Lunch & Learns, Lightning Demos, Game Breaks.
- We have many training opportunities. We allocate time for training and professional development. If you seek to earn an approved certification, we'll pay for it once you earn it.
- There are many more reasons: https://www.urbaninsight.com/careers
We offer a highly competitive salary, which depends on your qualifications and experience. Our salary package includes:
- $120,000 - $150,000 annual salary range
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid)
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid)
- Paid time off (15 days increasing to 20 after four years)
- Holiday time off (~10 days per year)
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
- An annual customized training plan and time to study
- Performance and compensation reviews annually
Please apply on this page. This position is open until filled.
Thank you for your potential interest in working with us at Urban Insight.