Web Creative Director (UI/UX)
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Who we are
Urban Insight designs, and develops innovative websites for mission-driven organizations like museums, universities, nonprofits, and cities. We thrive on having a professionally rewarding environment where you continue to learn and grow while creating meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
We're looking for a leader to grow and manage our creative department. This is an opportunity to build a team, manage and update creative and UX processes, work on exciting design concepts, and contribute to a thriving company culture. We want a true leader that embraces collaboration and loves to be challenged, one who is always striving for high quality and successful design.
Who you are
- Ability to lead meetings and workshops with clients while clearly communicating thoughts and creative concepts.
- 10+ years of design experience working in fast-paced creative environments.
- 10+ years in UI design for desktop and mobile.
- 5+ years of agency experience.
- Expert-level knowledge with design tools such as Figma and Adobe XD.
- Capacity to manage and oversee multiple projects.
- Strong capability to work cross functionally (Strategy, Brand, Production, Design, etc) to develop creative solutions.
- Robust organizational/prioritization ability and time management skills.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Owner's mindset, with the ability to approach feedback and problems with a positive attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Help set the strategic direction of the organization as part of the senior management team.
- Present to internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Lead and coach a team of designers through our design processes, nurturing their growth and professional development, and helping them reach their full potential.
- Build design strategies that align business and user needs and goals.
- Lead the translation of those goals and needs into wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, layouts, and UI elements.
- Establish clear goals and processes to enable consistent design deliveries.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure creative assets meet the scope of work.
- Improve our creative processes and standards through key initiatives.
- Own end-to-end creative and user experience processes.
- Participate in and support the sales processes.
- Work from any location in the US, available 9am - 5pm in any US time zone.
- This position is available for fully remote (US only), partially remote (a few days in the office) or in-person in our office located in sunny Los Angeles, CA.
We anticipate this position to be a department leader who will join the senior management team after a successful training period.
About Urban Insight
- Urban Insight is a leading digital agency with 30+ team members.
- We work with some of LA’s best-known institutions, such as LACMA, The Broad, Planetizen Courses, University of Southern California, City of Los Angeles, and the Japanese American National Museum.
- We’re the top-ranked Web development agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, an independent analyst. Have a look at what our clients say about us:
- We design and develop custom applications using our favorite tools: Figma, Adobe XD, Zeplin .
- We have a clearly defined project management methodology and case management system.
- We run on the Entrepreneurial Operating System.
Why Work at Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you
- Work from anywhere in US or Canada
- The average employee tenure is 6.5 years.
- We're stable; We've been in business for 21 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and enjoy 40-hour work weeks
- We allocate time for training and professional development
- There are many more reasons:
We offer a highly competitive salary, which depends on your qualifications and experience. Our salary package includes:
- Paid time off (15 days increasing to 20 after four years)
- Holiday time off (~10 days per year).
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match (after 60 days).
- Performance and compensation reviews annually.
- Your resume
- Your portfolio (please include web examples)
Thanks for your interest in working with us at Urban Insight.