Director of Sales & Business Development
Director of Sales & Business Development (Remote or Los Angeles)
On-Track Earnings $120,000-160,000
Urban Insight (www.urbaninsight.com), the top ranked web development agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, is looking for a talented and accomplished Sales and Business Development leader to join our team to nurture qualified sales leads, prepare scopes of work, assist communications, and coordinate sales and business development activities to ensure we meet our goals. We are looking to double down on our 20%+ annual growth rate over the last 5+ years.
This is the right role for an enthusiastic team player who loves developing deep relationships with prospective and current clients, is self-motivated and disciplined and is excited by the prospect of selling innovative web projects. Our clients include renowned mission-driven organizations such as museums, universities, nonprofits, and cities. The list includes clients such as LACMA, The Broad, University of Southern California, City of Los Angeles, and the Japanese American National Museum. We thrive on having a professionally rewarding environment where you continue to learn and grow while facilitating meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
This is a senior level position that would be part of the leadership / executive team.
This is a remote position although travel may be required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Sell website design and development projects to current and prospective clients using a consultative sales approach
- Lead end-to-end sales process: From prospecting and responding to inbound leads to following-up with prospective clients to leading meetings and contract execution
- Develop deep, professional relationships with qualified leads
- Coordinate cross-sell and up-sell strategies with existing clients and accounts
- Refine and improves sales process, including development of a strategic plan for outbound sales prospecting
- Work in conjunction with Marketing to identify and execute on opportunities developing key outbound campaign strategies
- Prepare proposals including scopes of work and estimates for new website projects and ongoing website support
- Follow industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Respond to RFP and RFQ submissions
- Manage sales pipeline and documentation
Who You Are
- 10+ years of sales experience, ideally selling to senior-level Marketing and IT professionals
- 5+ years of experience at a digital agency focused on website design and development selling projects $50,000-500,000 in size
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- In-depth knowledge of the web design and development ecosystem, terminology, and processes
- Success and experience networking and with large deal pursuits; finding, managing, and closing high-level business sales
- Naturally curious and excel at navigating client conversations, nurturing prospects, and building opportunities
- Proven experience understanding customer needs, pain points, and using a consultative approach to sales
- Capacity to translate market insights into strategic, actionable recommendations to grow the business
- Ability to work and thrive under pressure, both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent client and conference presentation skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Experience working with mission-driven organizations across cultural arts, universities, nonprofits and government agencies is a plus
- Experience with HubSpot is a plus
- Experience with Drupal, WordPress, and Gatsby CMS’s is a plus
- Life-long learner and teacher
- Bachelor's degree, any field
Location & Availability
- Work from any location in the US, available 9am - 5pm in any US time zone
- Our office is located in sunny Los Angeles, CA. This position is available for fully remote (US ONLY), partially remote (a few days in the office), or in-person in our LA office.
- Some travel may be required.
Your Career Path
The position offers multiple career paths within Urban Insight. The most likely career path for a high-achieving and results-oriented team member is Director of Sales & Business Development and Chief Revenue Officer.
Who We Are
- Urban Insight is a leading digital agency with 30+ team members. https://urbaninsight.com
- We work with some of LA’s best-known institutions, such as LACMA, The Broad, Planetizen Courses, University of Southern California, City of Los Angeles, and the Japanese American National Museum
- We’re the top-ranked Web development agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, an independent analyst. Have a look at what our clients say about us:
- We have a clearly defined project management methodology and case management system
- We run on the Entrepreneurial Operating System
Why Work At Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you
- Work from anywhere in the US or Canada
- The average employee tenure is 6.5 years
- We're stable; We've been in business for 21 years, and continue to grow each year
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and enjoy 40-hour work weeks
- We allocate time for training and professional development
- There are many more reasons:
We offer a competitive salary (benchmarked using Payscale) which depends on your qualifications, experience, education, and certifications. Our salary package includes:
- 20 days of PTO per year for senior executives (typically 15 for new hires increasing to 20 after four years)
- ~10 holidays off per year
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid)
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid)
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match (after 90 days)
- Performance and compensation reviews annually
- Annual customized training plan and time to work on it
Please apply on this page. This position is open until filled.
Thank you for your potential interest in working with us at Urban Insight.